Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's The Berries- DP Challenge


oil on canvas panel 8x16 inches
click here to bid
Today I took the challenge from Carol Marine and Daily Paintworks. Each little painting was done in exactly ten minutes using a #8 Silver Bristlon flat. I started at top left and finished bottom right. I played by the rules and had a blast! My poor little ferocious Malti-poo is now trying to sleep off the trauma of a very loud timer going off every ten minutes! She jumped up each time growling and running for the front door! Poor thing. Be sure to visit the Challenge site to see all the great entries.

8 comments:

  1. Karen, good for you ! It was great the way you repositioned your strawberry.. that kinda helped keep it interesting for you, I guess. It really looks like a fun challenge, one I want to try ! Nice paintings......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great job on this challenge, Karen! I love how you painted the strawberry from different angles. It's hard to believe you could paint them in only ten minutes. Really terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Karen, what juicy little berries. So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful berries Karen! Sorry for you pooch. Mine would not like that either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done! I love the strawberries and you kept them so loose and fresh looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these - they are great - great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, you did it and you did so well with the challenge. I love this painting of 8. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)