Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cypress Point, Big Bear, CA























Wildflowers are blooming! These look like sweet peas.

oil on canvas panel 8x10 inches

Wow! There is so much to paint up here at Big Bear Lake. Got to the lakeside fairly early and the sun was still low, backlighting this beautiful cypress. There are some aspects of it I like, but I still have a lot to learn. While I'm painting I often think, "Isn't this just a gigantic still life? You can paint still life, why can't you paint this?" The weather's in the 70's, I'm not even being eaten by bugs or bears. There's no excuse. I've GOT to learn to simplify. I know it, but can't do it...YET.

1 comment:

  1. Karen, I think you did a lovely job simplifying. I love Big Bear Lake....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)