Monday, September 19, 2011

Baseball For A Birthday Boy




















oil on canvas panel 8x8 inches
not for sale

The show is over, and I'm exhausted, but above is the highlight of the show for me. When I did get time to paint at the show on Saturday, I painted this as a birthday gift for our 11 year old grandson. He loves baseball, so our daughter snuck away his glove and ball for me. Papa got a Koufax card image off the internet. When he discovered his glove missing, he had an inkling of what might be going on. Even so, he was surprised and loves it. I can't tell you how happy I am that it came out good. I love that kid so much!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful composition and you did a fabulous job of painting your grandson's treasures. I can just feel that time, care and love that this was painted with. Bet he can too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Karen. What a lovely gift for a beloved child. Love how you signed the painting!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)