Thursday, February 9, 2012

White On White-sold



oil on canvas panel 6x8 inches

Night before last I left my photo references and attempted to take the DPW challenge; paint white objects on a white background. I started with Q-tips on a white surface, wiped it out and went to bed. Yesterday I painted this. Blaaahhhh. I saw a lot of orange thanks probably to my orange T-shirt. I used blue and orange to make the grays and swing them warm or cool, and yellow in the lights. I really missed having a colorful subject and pondered the act of painting something I'm not particularly excited about. Not being one to give up easily, I painted another one I'm a bit happier with which I'll post tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beauty, the heavy ceramic feel of the cup and saucer are handled beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your perseverance! I'm thinking about this challenge myself. I'm not too crazy about it, but I need to push myself to try.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)