Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fruit On The Vine -sold

oil 10x8 inches After painting at Galleano Winery one day I spotted these near the road. They were mostly in shadow under the leaves, but the afternoon light was striking just a few. Below, I'm in my little (I mean little!) corner of the Fair painting away. To step back and look at my painting, I release the rope, step off the platform and walk back. Haven't fallen off yet! Besides painting, I also volunteer in the gallery store where I'm learning to work the dreaded cash register. Despite that, I'm having so much fun talking to fellow artists, visitors and children on field trips.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Love the play of light on the leaves and grapes. It's inspiring to see you set up with your nice display and working in your little space. It makes me realize everything doesn't have to be perfect to paint! As they say... just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grapes are wonderful, Karen! I like the different stages of readiness - from ripe to "getting there." Lots of delicacy in those leaves! Nice to see your setup, also. Your art is very well presented.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)