Friday, February 28, 2014

Anza Borrego Desert


Monday I took myself and my dog in our little RV on a paintcation to Anza Borrego Desert State Park. What I loved most about this spot was the quiet and the very dark starry nights. I painted outside in the mornings, as the afternoons were either too warm or windy. The rest of the time I spent inside piddling around with my watercolors. Oh, and there might have been a couple of margaritas and pints of ice cream. Meanwhile, my little malte-poo waited patiently to go home. I guess to her, the whole place smelled like coyote! Here are some pics of the first day. It was 75 degrees in the shade, but I swear it felt like 90 in the sun! I don't get that. I came home a day early to avoid driving in the high winds expected for today. Better shots of the paintings will come once the rain stops and I can photograph them.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your sense of adventure Karen!! The painting on the easel looks wonderful. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful place to paint, Karen. So much interesting scenery! Am looking forward to seeing your painting when you publish it!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)