Sunday, November 2, 2014

Zen Garden -a landscape painting in oil


oil 8x10 inches sold magnify I've been working on several commissions since mid September. This is the first, commissioned by my brother. He commissioned three pieces depicting the home and gardens of a good friend. Now my brother is busy building custom frames for them. Knowing they would be a special Christmas gift made painting these extra fun. Painting tip: Sometimes I tone my canvas with transparent pink; a mix of Thalo Red Rose and Indian yellow. I learned this from Jennifer McChristian, who paints fabulous urban scenes, and anything else fabulously also! I have used it for urban scenes, but I think it also works well for overwhelmingly green scenes such as this. The little bits of pink showing through here and there (and underneath too) help temper the greens.

1 comment:

No word verification needed. :-)