Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Botanical Stroll -a plein air oil painting from Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens SOLD


oil 9x2 inches magnify/purchase "Life is what happens while you are making other plans." Just got back from a family emergency in Idaho. Thankfully, everybody's doing fine now. Here's a painting I did a few weeks ago at the Botanical Gardens in Claremont. While starting I snapped a few shots of folks walking up the path. I added this couple last using my phone shot as reference. Most of these greens have thalo green in them. I've since removed that pigment from my palette. I decided it's a bit loud for me even when neutralized with some red. I prefer to mix my own greens from the primaries or pre-mix a green from Payne's Gray and Cad Lemon before I go out. Greens can be tricky. I like them natural, not loud. That being said, I am still pleased with the color harmony in this painting.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Karen, as is your still life previousely. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vic. Always good to hear from you.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Vic. Always good to hear from you.

      Delete

No word verification needed. :-)