Friday, December 4, 2015

Winesaps -a still life painting in oil


oil 6x6 inches magnify/purchase information Sometimes the painting I'm working on gives me an idea for the next one. The color shifts in some apples amaze me, so I made that the focus in "Winesaps." On a personal note, life has been spinning at warp speed since the end of August. Paris trip, moving, Idaho trip, Thanksgiving, and currently staying with three of our grandkids for nine days while their parents have an anniversary getaway. Somehow I sneak in a bit of painting here and there. Maybe normal will return in January! IN OTHER NEWS: I'm THRILLED to announce that last night I was awarded First Place at the Debra Huse Gallery for my painting "Lemon & Grape Junction." What a wonderful surprise and honor! Thank you, judge Jeff Horn and Debra Huse Gallery. Be sure to see all the wonderful small works in Holiday Treasures Salon, Debra Huse Gallery on Balboa Island. It runs through Dec. 27th and works are also online for viewing and purchase. Click HERE, go to EVENTS and scroll down.
Photo credit: fellow artist Kim Vanderhoek. Thank you, Kim.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, KAREN!!!! Makes me smile when I think of your story about being 'vetted' to get into the gallery....or the paint out.
    You are amazing at juggling many, many major events in your life.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)