Monday, September 19, 2016

A Little Bit Dinghy -plein air paintings from Balboa Island -sold


Here are some shots of the last two paintings I did as part of Just Plein Fun on Balboa Island.
A Little Bit Dinghy 8x8 inches was my quick draw. About thirty artists participated along South Bay Front, having two hours to complete a painting. It was fun and festive, with an awards ceremony complete with Olympic music and gold medals. This painting sold off the easel which was a great ending to a great week. Is my head really that big, or is the painting really that tiny? Ha!
This 12x9 was my thank you gift to my hostess, Joanne. It was so kind of her to open her lovely home to me and let me come and go as I please. This is an island cottage that I thought would make a cheerful painting with its sunflowers. The quick draw was the grand finale of the week. There you have it, finally!!! Here's a shot of the participants on Gala Night. I really enjoyed getting to know a few of these fellow painters. I hope to be invited again next year.
Stop by this great little gallery when you're on the island. Some of the work from the event is still on display. 229 Marine Ave, Suite E, Balboa Island, CA. 949-723-6171

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with the house!!! You made it look ever so charming :)

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)