Saturday, July 22, 2017

Cherries & Roses


oil 10X10 inches For a closer look and purchase info click here. Just got back from a trip to Idaho, and brought a summer cold home with me. Thankfully I'm back in my studio today. I had the opportunity to paint along the Snake River, and I'll post those paintings after they get a few tweaks. Meanwhile, for this painting from June I used a cool light source which resulted in the cool reds and pinks contrasting with the warm blue of the jar. I'm really happy with how this painting came out.

4 comments:

  1. I understand perfectly why you are so pleased with this painting, the cool contrasts vs warm, are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, cool against warm so beautifully arranged in this still life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have the 'rose' thing going. I remember when you first started painting roses. You have them in your yard and on your canvas. Makes me think of Richard Schmid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy and Mary Jo, thank you for taking the time to comment. I greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)