Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Camp Truck, 1948


oil 11x14 Purchase info here. A few weeks ago we camped for the first time at Silver Lake, which is in the Sierras on the June Lake Loop. Wow! What scenery! Couldn't wait to paint, but instead we were waiting out a vicious wind. After about two days, I set up to paint this scene. Even though I anchored my tripod, everything was moving, including my brush. I had a good start (looked like a drunk painted it, but I liked it!). Then a gust of about 75-80 mph. hit and forced me to pack up. I finished in the studio using my photo references. IN OTHER NEWS: Friday I'll go south to San Clemente to participate in Paint San Clemente Quick Draw and Plein Air Competition. It's my first time, and I'm really excited to find inspiring scenes in an unfamiliar locale. Follow my adventures on Facebook: Karen Laster Werner and Instagram: KarenWernerArt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)