Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Don't Look Up Here - a plein air painting of The Crab Cooker, Newport Beach -SOLD


oil 12x12 inches. Purchase info here. I'm back! July was a rough month full of one malady after another. Glad that's over!!! It's time to catch up. The Crab Cooker is an iconic restaurant in Newport Beach that holds memories for an untold number of Southern California families and visitors as well. Great food and fun decor, like the signs that say; "Don't look up here!" and my favorite; "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." New heavy construction right next door damaged the old foundation, so this year it's due to be torn down and rebuilt. People are scrambling to eat there and artists are scrambling to paint it before the tear down. My chance came in June. I stood on a narrow meridian in the street and painted until I felt a bit blinded, then treated myself to their Manhattan Clam Chowder and a shrimp cocktail. Yum! I added the figures the next day in my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)