Sunday, October 17, 2021

Gray Day Fountain- a plein air painting from the Orange Circle -SOLD

 


Gray Day Fountain  9x12 inches
Purchase info here

In May my friend Mary Jo and I painted at the Circle In Orange.  It was an overcast day, but warm enough that people were out walking, sitting and visiting as usual at this charming spot in Old Town Orange.  I finished most of this on location and did some minor adjustments in the studio.  I enjoyed the figures and calligraphy on the buildings, but the most interesting thing I discovered in my observations is that the fountain's rising water was a bit darker value than the cloudy sky.  My brain might have told me otherwise, but careful observation of what I really see is always the way to go.  Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)