Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rooty-sold


oil on canvas panel 6x6 inches
SOLD
These especially stringy radishes are from a local fruit stand. Painting fruits or veggies that are bunched together (like grapes) appeals to me...it's the edges where they meet each other, the shadows cast on each other, and the dark little crevices in between.
I've missed painting and posting the last few days: Saturday was traffic school all day (I learned my lesson and have slowed down!), Sunday I was in a bad mood about turning a year older and had to wipe out my bad mood painting! But yesterday a friend and I spent the day at the Laguna Beach Art Festival. Fabulous! If you're within driving distance, don't miss it!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely piece and just enjoy seeing a bunch of radishes - a la natural! Detail of the roots is so expressive Karen.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)