Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oranges & Blues


oil on canvas panel 6x6 inches
SOLD
Well, I missed two days of painting and posting. Sometimes other things are more important than paint on canvas, but painting has become so habitual for me that it feels like something is "off" if I haven't painted. I was so glad to get back at it yesterday.

These oranges are from Orange County where we visited family on Saturday. I paired them with the complementary blue cloth and blueberries remembering also the elements of "line, dots and areas." Yesterday's sorry attempt is below, but I'm quite happy with today's above.


Being backit, most of the orange was in shadow. I decided I wanted a bright, fresh and clean look with more blue in the surface cloth. The stems and leaves are successful, but the orange is perhaps a bit larger than life size, which makes it less convincing. I added more oranges in today's painting to make them smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)