Saturday, January 15, 2011

Galleano Winery Plein Air


oil on canvas panel 8x6 inches
click here to bid
The Galleano Winery is about 5 miles from my house in Mira Loma. This was my first visit, and it's a gold mine of plein air subject matter! I can't wait to go back! When I found this old gas pump the morning light was hitting those horseshoes and the blue made a nice foil to all the warm reds and oranges. Please forgive the glare in the upper left corner. At least it's not gnats like yesterday's painting! Three fellow artists were there with me...thanks, Ellen for shooting pics, Mary Jo for showing me what my camera can do, and May for our interesting discussion on greens. Just now I noticed I forgot the tail on the pegasus! I'll add it tonight. One of the Winery owners pronounced my painting "Damn good!". That's a first!





7 comments:

  1. I like it! Really enjoyed the photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great subject! Beautiful reds and good composition. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting! It really does look like many hours could be spent there painting! You just don't see old pumps like that in South Africa. How many times a week do you manage to get out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great subject. Love the reds, lighting and brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments. Carol, I try to have a plein air day every Friday. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but I try for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't catch the missing tail either. Glad to be at the scene while you painted. Love your painting. thanks for the disscusion on green color.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)