Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Morsels & Milk -sold




















oil on canvas panel 6x6 inches

Sometimes looking for subject matter I roam around the house a while looking in closets, cupboards, wherever, to find something interesting. I think of myself like a chicken pecking the ground trying to find edible bits. While pecking last night after dinner, my husband noticed and thought I was funny. He was in the kitchen making chocolate chip cookies.

Tomorrow and Friday I'll paint on the streets of Old Town Tustin. I hope I get a good one for the competition on Saturday. I learned today that on Saturday 60 artists will show and sell their work. Wow! Twice the number of last year! If you're in the area I hope to see you there. For more info click here.

2 comments:

  1. Love Morsels and Milk- adorable that your husband was noticing that you needed some subject matter to paint:) Glad he was providing still life set ups for you! You will do wonderfully well at Tustin. You can paint friend- just take a deep breath and trust...60 others ain't got nothing on you! Wish I could be there to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I love the way you handled the white on white with the clear glass. It takes lots of observation and some analyzing to do such a good job. You are such a great painter. I wish I were around during your competition at Tustin. I would love to meet you and see your beautiful paintings in person.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)