Monday, December 19, 2011

Cold Perch




















oil on Gessobord 10x8 inches FRAMED

In November our bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge ended in Sausalito where this huge seagull posed for me. The ferry passed by and "ooh, ooh--the yellow and the yellow!" I thought all the grays and blues with yellow accents might make a good painting. My first piece in a long time painted on a black ground and a smoother surface than usual, I had a lot of fun. It's so energizing to try something different.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like all those subdued colors with with the yellow. Love the hillside in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow accents too....even the Seagulls beak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors against the black ground. It really does make colors pop. Fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right, it makes for a great painting. Well done, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing composition! Just wonderful colors and love the way the yellows pop!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)