Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Fountain



oil on canvas panel 8x8 inches
click here to bid
shipping available after January 17th

Yesterday fellow painter and blogger Dana Cooper and I met up for a day of plein air at the circle in Orange. This fountain in the circle center just glowed with the morning light. I quickly decided it deserved to be smack dab in the middle of the canvas, dominating the scene. We were oblivious to the cars whizzing in a circle around us, caught up in the perfect weather and the morning light out there painting together. We agreed it was an ideal spot to set up and paint. After a nice lunch we took photos of the area and headed home. I finished it up in my studio last night from memory and photo references. Can't wait to go back!
In other news: Thursday I head off to Meridian, Idaho to visit our son and his family. I'll post again after the 17th when I return. Later!

11 comments:

  1. The movement in the water is simply delicious! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the composition works for the subject, and the cooler light blue-whites contrasts well with the warmer browns surrounding it, makes the water seem dazzling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your results on this Karen! Thanks for the fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured the mist from the fountain wonderfully. It really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an enviable scene to paint and you did a fabulous job on it. I can just imagine how great it was to be there painting. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je découvre avec délice votre oeuvre que nous suggère Dana de venir admirer...
    J'aime l'atmosphère de votre toile... Des belles couleurs et une lumière fantastique.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, everyone for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning painting! love your story about the cherries, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful and looks like such a great sunny day out. I'll bet it was fun to paint with Dana too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done painting, Karen!
    I also really appreciate the verse of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful, I admire you for painting on site!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)