Thursday, January 5, 2012

Waiting



oil on canvas panel 12x9 inches
click here to bid

A cold morning at Fisherman's Wharf. Waiting is hard for little ones. This mother had such as sense of peace, you'd never know she had a preschooler running all over. Her little toddler had the most forlorn expression on her face. (HARD to capture in paint!) I love how she's all snuggled in. This painting took a while. I enjoyed the slightly larger canvas, the cool tones and clear division of light and shadow. I painted the little girl's face several times, then decided I'd done the best I could, time to move on.

6 comments:

  1. Touching piece that every mother can relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite subjects to paint are parents/grandparents with their little ones. This is lovely. The expressions and spot on and the little girl looks snuggled in perfectly. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a universal theme...and could be in any country in the world.. Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen -
    You would never know you were having trouble with the little girl's face! It's perfect. Very complicated painting that came off without a hitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, goodness. This is lovely in every way. You really captured the sweet mood.

    Just discovered your blog and am enjoying your paintings.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)