Monday, August 31, 2015

In The Zone -a plein air painting from the Balboa Fun Zone, CA -SOLD


oil 14x11 magnify This painting is available at the Debra Huse Gallery 949-723-6171. This is a back of my car shot before I took it into the gallery, and below an easel shot. Fortunately I got set up early enough to start this piece before the ferris wheel started up. I got the drawing in without any figures, then painted the ferris wheel first, then the rest of the scene. I added the figures last from shots I had taken with my iphone while painting, then painted the sidewalk around them. Lastly, I did some edge work for a feeling of movement. Several of the competing artists painted this scene. Nice to see the different interpretations. IN OTHER NEWS: I have a demonstration coming up on Saturday, Sept. 12 at Victoria Gardens, Rancho Cucamonga. Associated Artists of the Inland Empire will hold their annual show in Celebration Hall. Demo is from 10am till 9pm with breaks for lunch and dinner. Over 300 pieces of artwork will be on display Sept 11-13. Come on out to Victoria Gardens for a meal at one of the restaurants and enjoy the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)