Thursday, March 17, 2016

Lavender & Lemon -a still life painting in oil


oil 12x9 inches magnify/purchase info Well, here's my comeback after that cold previously mentioned morphed into something really ugly. The upside of this was that my days on the couch with my iPad gave me lots of time to look at other's work I admire and research/think about some different approaches. The bulk of this piece combines a color I've never used before, ultramarine violet along with cad yellow light. So this is a very different palette for me. Working on linen rather than canvas, I practiced again my backgrounds for thin, transparent and textural effects. Another goal was to leave some unfinished areas. I've always liked mixing it up, trying new things. While resting I ran across a quote from Kim English I'd written in my notes; "If you paint the same way all the time it's like playing the piano in only one key." Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)