Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Demo In Tarzana and a special commission


oil 8x8 inches Purchase info here. April was such a busy month! It started with a demonstration in Tarzana with an enthusiastic crowd, expert camera and lighting, and the coordinator even treated me to dinner between setup and demo! Thanks so much, San Fernando Valley Art Association. Here's the before dinner and demo shot:
I don't usually take commissions, but early in the year I accepted a commission from the Caballero Family to paint property that has been in their family for generations. The Caballero's granddaughter was in my Kindergarten class quite a few years ago. This land and barn in Chino Hills, CA is now surrounded by houses. It's a precious gem that has been painted many times by myself and others. The painting is 24x36 inches which was good for me, and at Mrs. Caballero's request I added/invented lupine, poppies and sunflowers. Trying to put her memories on canvas and create a family heirloom, I felt very blessed to be able to do it.

2 comments:

  1. WOW~!! I love your floral Karen. I certainly wish I could paint that loose. Such a great composition~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhonda. To paint loose: big brushes, large marks, lay it down and leave it alone. Lots and lots of practice.

      Delete

No word verification needed. :-)