Thursday, April 29, 2010

Head Study



oil on linen panel 12x9 inches

This study is from the live model at my figure painting class last night. Still using the Zorn palette: yellow ochre, black, white and cadmium red medium, it allows you to just concentrate on value and temperature. I'm happy with the result and painting the stole was lots of fun too.

Tomorrow I'll get my work together to participate in the 2nd Annual Chino Arts Festival and Centennial Celebration on Saturday. It runs from 9:30-4:30 Saturday, May 1 at Aquire Square, which is kinda behind the library. Lots of performances are planned as well as art, craft and food vendors. I'll have my daily paintings, watercolors and giclee reproductions if you would like to come out and see them in person. I'll be there all day painting---come on out and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)