Friday, April 23, 2010

Red Fruit With Greens-sold


oil on canvas panel 12x16 inches
SOLD
Here's the final painting, finished at 1:00am this morning. I hope you like it. My favorite parts are the cup, apple and olives. My mother gave me the cup and saucer which are decorated with dogwood blossoms. I love painting the decorative elements on ceramic pieces....especially this one. The legend of the dogwood is worth looking up. The blossoms have a crown of thorns in the center, and red stains at the end of each petal. These resulted as part of a curse on the tree after Jesus was crucified for us on a cross made of dogwood...reminders of what He did for you and me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love this one...I saw it on your table the other day and noticed the bright red apple makes me want to bite into it. I just love the whole composition. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)