Monday, December 6, 2010

Grapes & Clementines -sold


oil on canvas panel 4x6 inches
click here to bid
Red and orange again...I can't stop myself! This time I went with blue instead of violet. Painting translucent grapes is a blast. Sorry about the spots of glare on the photo.
The Randy Higbee's "6 Squared" show in Costa Mesa is fabulous! We had a great time at the opening on Saturday night. It was so exciting to see the work of some daily painters I've been following for a few years such as Michael Naples, Justin Clayton, and Carol Marine. It was great fun meeting fellow Fresh Painter Dana Cooper and seeing her beautiful work in person . The show will hang until Dec.23rd. Don't miss it if you're in the area!

5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Karen. The grapes! SO nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Karen!

    Would love to see the show, but here I am in Texas. Must be fun to meet fellow bloggers and see all the art!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! the show sounds fabulous! I'd love to see those artists' works in person. This is a beautiful painting. Love the colors! Great job on the grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy looking at those grapes, the shapes, warm and cool, the stem is quite a study also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful--I'm so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)