Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Under The Tetons -sold


oil on canvas panel 8x8 inches
click here to bid
It's SO good to get back to painting! Sorry I was gone for so long. My painting space in the not-so-formal dining room was lost to actual dining (imagine that!) for twelve. It was such a chore to move all my oil stuff out, that I've decided to convert (this week) a bedroom in the house to an oil painting studio. Until I get that set up, I'm carrying my EasyL in from the gargage
to paint in the kitchen or wherever the subject is. I managed to finish the above painting in little snippets of time while doing all this moving around...and..oh yeah...shopping wrapping cooking nurse-maiding babysitting cleaning decorating...but it was ALL GOOD! The best part of this Christmas was that my hubby made it through prostate surgery, is recovering well, and is most likely cancer free. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Men, get your PSA blood test every year, and women, tell the men in your life to get it done. My husband had NO symptoms, but the PSA test caught it early....thus a 95% survival rate. Oh yeah...this is supposed to be about the painting!!! We visited Jackson Hole, Wyoming two summers ago and took a fabulous bike ride winding through Teton Valley. I used a photo reference.


2 comments:

  1. Karen, so happy to hear that your hubby is doing so well. Scary!! I too have my painting area in the dining room and have been up-routed. Your painting is beautiful! Good luck with your bedroom to studio conversion. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband went thru that surgery too a couple years ago. It's a good thing to not be worried and that's he's cancer free! Blessing to you this new year!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)