Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Patio Pottery



oil 8x8 inches
click here to bid

Yesterday I felt like staying home, but thought it'd be a shame to miss out on the sunshine. It was 82 degrees. I wandered around in my backyard looking for a subject and settled on these favorites of mine. I tucked myself next to our fence for shade and put them on the concrete next to the pool. Then shadows came over, shadows moved, I got hot, the seat was hard, you know. I laughed at myself for being such a wimp in my own backyard. :) But as for the painting, I like it.

4 comments:

  1. I like it too and love the way the hen's and chicks layer together in a simplified pattern. The pottery is just great with that red glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bird, love the pot, love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. karen, i left a lobster blog award for you on my blog, stop by and pick it up. as always, i enjoy following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it, too. I like the gray green on the plant with all the warm oranges and reds. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)