Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Snap Peas & Tomatoes -sold

oil 6x8 inches click here to bid Mostly I like my subject to fill the picture plane, but when I painted this I thought maybe I'd plan for some breathing room. I don't know if I like it better or not. For the past couple of months I've been using a more limited palette. Cad red medium is one that I have taken off my palette and I wondered if just cad red light and alizarin would give me the reds I needed for these tomatoes. I think it works fine.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the tomatoes. You make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this composition and your palette is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. La recette me semble parfaite... les couleurs jonglent bien ensemble et j'aime cette combinaison.

    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this painting! I love the subject, the palette and the way you handled the space! Also love the previous tomato painting (you get such lovely tomato translucency). And I love the flag painting—it feels so solid like it holds all the burdens of the people it represents.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)