Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Studio Flowers 2

oil 9x12 inches click here to bid Every time I take a bunch of flowers into my studio I love the way they look against the taupe walls. This time I noticed a painting on the wall that complemented the flowers too, so I put it in my painting. Maybe it's hardly noticeable in the back, but that is the typical pear and grapes still life. For this painting I swung the taupe toward violet for those yellow sunflowers. I was a "loose woman" :-) with this one. Today is my birthday. I'm happy to be alive and thankful for a million blessings. Off to the beach now to lie in the sand.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! The flower painting is terrific, clever idea to combine the blooms with another painting on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday a little late. Lovely bright flowers

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)