Friday, July 13, 2012

Studio Flowers 3

oil 10x10 inches, FRAMED magnify/purchase Continuing with the same idea but a different design, I backed up a bit on the subject allowing for breathing room and made the painting in the back more prominent. In other news, I'm excited to announce that I'll be in the Millard Sheets Gallery at the L.A. County Fair throughout September. I'll demonstrate and have paintings for sale. This weekend I'll prepare my inventory. Please come find me if you visit the fair!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous.
    Have fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this composition, Karen! The mirror and the pears are a great unexpected touch. Fabulous flowers too, but I like the fact that this isn't just the usual vase of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The setting and composition are a good idea here and I always love your color. Have fun a the Gallery/LA Fair event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful and so natural! Congrat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the composition. Everything is so "lively and striking". Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how exciting. I love what you did with this. Lovely. I always get bogged down with flowers but you do them so well

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)