Thursday, January 22, 2015

Backtracking


Look what I found on my iphone! I thought you might like to see "Cold Pond" at the cold pond. I was surprised to see how dark the photo is. It had really clouded up by the time I finished.
Below is my palette after finishing, partially cleaned off. Maybe some of you fellow painters would be interested in my current palette of colors. Counterclockwise from center bottom: Transparent Red Oxide, Thalo green I think, mixed green of Payne's gray and Lemon yellow, more Thalo green I don't know why, Cobalt, Thalo blue, Ultramarine blue, Alizarin, Permanent Rose, Cad red light, Cad orange, Cad yellow medium, Cad yellow light, Titanium White (2 blobs), warm white, cool white, palette sludge. That mixed green I learned from Kim English as well as the warm white (TW plus CYM), and cool white (TW plus cobalt).
And last but not least, my little malte-poo, Sandy whom I mentioned in my last post. Who could not love this sweet face?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these pictures and information. So fun and interesting. Sandy is a doll. The painting mishap in the previous post cracked me up. Sounds like something that would happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, your feedback means so much to me. Thanks for taking the time to comment. You know how it is, I try to keep my posts interesting, but if I don't hear anything back from "cyberspace" I begin to wonder if anybody's out there in "cyberspace"!!!

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for sharing your palette - for the warm white - what does CYM stand for ?
    the reason I don't comment and perhaps others too , is that the post gets delivered into my email and I view it there ,but in order to comment I have to go through to the actual blog site , so thanks again , as an aspiring impressionist I love all your posts Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karin, CYM is cad yellow medium. Thanks for commenting. Never thought about the email aspect. Makes sense!
      Thanks again. Happy painting.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing your palette! I will try that warm and cool whites. Your doggie is pretty wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much Karen ! love your blog !

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)