Saturday, April 23, 2016

A Time To Paint -a still life painting in oil -SOLD


oil 12x12 inches magnify not for sale at this time My fellow artist friend, Carol, gave me some fresh eucalyptus cuttings. I love the leaf shape and unique color! In my excitement and against my better judgement, I set this up to paint. With my workshop coming up I knew I wouldn't have time to finish it while the paint was still wet. Eventually it all worked out. Thanks, Carol! This piece may be for sale online at a later date. IN OTHER NEWS: Thank you to supportive friends who came to Redlands last night. (You know who you are!) Also, thank you to new collectors who loved and purchased my work. It was a fun evening with fast and furious sales. Thank you, Redlands Community Hospital Foundation for inviting me.

13 comments:

  1. Just love how you finished this painting. Kept looking at it during the workshop....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. I kept looking at it too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Cindy. I kept looking at it too!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful painting. The glass just sparkles! Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. Painting glass is especially enjoyable for me.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Karen. Painting glass is especially enjoyable for me.

      Delete
  3. Karen, Your work continues to delight and inspire me!
    Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, Karen! I love the red throughout, the euc leaves, and how complicated everything is! Who is the in the painting within the painting?

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)