Thursday, April 7, 2016

Citrus Clippings -a still life painting in oil -SOLD


oil 11x14 inches magnify/purchase info While arranging this still life I set the clippers down momentarily right where you see them. I liked the way they looked in the painting, so I included them. Turns out the analogous color scheme needed a few reddish tones. Analogous colors are next to each other on the color wheel: yellow, green and blue. The rusty metal adds a lot, I think. IN OTHER NEWS: Below is the postcard for Evening With The Artists on April 22nd in Redlands. For more information click here.

3 comments:

  1. Now that I have seen this beautiful still life in person, doing the April workshop, I can really appreciate all the values in the greens in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are never as good as the paintings. It's an ongoing frustration. I guess it's just part of this blogging thing! Thank you for your comment, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are never as good as the paintings. It's an ongoing frustration. I guess it's just part of this blogging thing! Thank you for your comment, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)