Sunday, April 17, 2016

Heavy Hitter -a still life painting in oil


oil 6x8 inches magnify/purchase info I squeezed out this little painting as I prepared for last weekend's workshop. Strawberry season and baseball season too. Finishing up, it occurred to me that the white paper looked like a baseball diamond. Those infielders better move back. IN OTHER NEWS: I had a great time teaching last weekend. You'll see a group shot below. My June workshop is full. Dates to be announced for a September workshop. Email me if you'd like to be on the mailing list. karenwernerart@gmail.com Next Friday night, April 22nd I'll be out at Redlands Community Hospital for "Evening With The Artists." It starts at 5:30 and is open to the public. Besides the outstanding art, they put on a great reception. So if you're in the area, come on out! Tickets are $25 and available at the door. Proceeds benefit Redlands Community Hospital Foundation.

2 comments:

  1. Catching up with your blog this morning was a delight to the senses! Just love your palette and play on complimentary colors! Lucky students getting to take from you!! I would love to take with you! Good luck with all your goings on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carol. Come on out to Cali!! Would love to paint with you!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)