Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Campfire -SOLD


oil 9x12 inches magnify/purchase info And now for something really different! While camping in Ventura this past weekend I had a perfect opportunity to paint my first nocturne. Steve and his family, sitting in front of a classic trailer were very kind and interested in what I was doing. I painted from sundown to 10:30 pm. I didn't have my headlamp with me so I used the camping lantern. I learned SO much! Not being able to see very well meant I had to take my best shot at values, and remember where on the palette I mixed certain colors. The dark piles of paint were harder to see, and that's mostly what I needed! I usually paint on cotton canvas, but this one was linen, so the paint gloriously mooshed around. So much fun! I went to bed a happy camper.
My start, about 20 minutes in.

1 comment:

  1. Brava!! What an adventure, and I am not talking about the camping. You certainly kicked it up a notch. Sounds very challenging!!!But you're always up for that.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)