Friday, June 10, 2016

Watermelon Wedges -a still life painting in oil


oil 8x8 inches magnify/purchase info My first time painting watermelon. What luscious color and the smell...oh my gosh I just wanted to eat it the whole time. When a local fabric store went out of business (boo), I bought a lot of their upholstery fabric samples. You know, those things on the little hangers? The fabric in this painting is one of those; a natural colored linen. That neutral color is perfect for showing off fruit. IN OTHER NEWS: Just finished another watermelon painting as a demo for Associated Artists of the Inland Empire. Photos to come soon. Meanwhile, last Saturday my artist friend, Elizabeth Carr had the Grand Opening of her art studio in Claremont, STUDIO C. She graciously asked me to be her first guest artist. Thank you, my friend, and I wish you mad success! Here are some pics:
BEFORE - It had been a wig shop and "secret" hair salon!
AFTER -Opening Night
Elizabeth and her beautiful work on hanging day.
Some of my work. Elizabeth gave me space to hang over twenty paintings through June. She's so generous and supportive of other artists! IF YOU'RE IN SO CAL BE SURE TO VISIT STUDIO C. 260 W. Bonita Ave. Claremont, CA 91711. Open Tues-Sat 10am to 6pm and Claremont Art Walk Nights, first Saturday of each month 6pm to 10 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)