Saturday, September 13, 2014

Along The Rogue


oil 9x12 inches magnify/purchase Last painting of the trip. The morning was overcast and cool, but the sun was trying to come out. I got so shivery I had to go get a sweatshirt. I can paint when I'm hot (barely) or cold, but if I get cold enough to shiver I can't control the paintbrush! As a native Southern Californian it felt kinda good to shiver in August. This is one of those paintings that looks so much better in person. Full of subtle color shifts.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Karen. I love the way you painted the water-it looks like it's
    moving, especially in that little curve in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Fay. I had to work on that little spot for a while to get it to do what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)