Saturday, September 6, 2014

Oregon Coast


oil 9x12 inches magnify/purchase Painted on location about twelve miles north of Gold Beach, Oregon. I liked the gray sand in this location. We stayed at a campground very near this spot, called Honey Bear. Privately owned by a friendly German couple. On Saturday night they served a nice dinner in their German style dining hall. Live entertainment before and after included the owner singing German songs. Fun stuff. IN OTHER NEWS: I'm happy to announce that I received First Place in Oil at the Art Show last night for my painting "Sunflowers and Eucalyptus." I was also awarded the Pomona Valley Art Association Award for "Hibiscus High." Thank you to Associated Artists of the Inland Empire for all their hard work putting on a great show and promoting arts in the area for fifty years! I'll share some pictures in the next post.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! You share your view of beauty with so many. Your talent and passion for painting is your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, Karen. Your paintings are certainly worthy of awards. I always look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mary Jo and Fay. It's so great to know someone out there is enjoying my work. Keeps me going, otherwise it's just paintings piling up! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)