Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Field Study, Solvang


oil 8x10 inches Along Alisal Road in Solvang the fog was lifting and the light shone through moss hanging from the trees. I took pictures, then drew in the cows quickly. They nibbled away and lumbered out of the picture. After finishing the painting, I added the cows back in by looking at my camera. Maybe they are too small. I'll check that out when I have time. I've been busy with a commission and some violin paintings. Going to Blue Jay tomorrow for a few days to visit/paint with a friend and to return her violin. I'll post again on Monday. Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

  1. La nature dans toute sa splendeur... De très jolies nuances de verts... Une belle campagne avec la présence de ces ruminantes !
    Gros bisous à vous et joyeuses fêtes pascales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting, I think the proportion of cows is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)