Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lemon And Blue -sold


oil 6x6 inches click for purchase information Lately I've seen some discussion online about yellow. Funny, 'cause I've been thinking about it myself. I couldn't paint without yellow, but maybe, just maybe I can paint even lemons without cad yellow light or cad lemon. For a long time I've used a cool and warm of each primary, so cad yellow medium for the warm and cad yellow light or lemon for the cool. But in a workshop a while back Jennifer McChristian mentioned that you can make cad yellow light by adding white and a hint of ultramarine blue. After experimenting, I've found that to be true though I doubted it at the time. So here's a lemon that is painted with cad yellow medium. No lemon for the lemon.

1 comment:

  1. Merci pour les informations. Le travail de la d├ęcoration de votre tasse est superbe. J'aime le contraste de vos nuances de bleus avec les jaunes de votre citron.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)