Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lemon And Blue -sold


oil 6x6 inches click for purchase information Lately I've seen some discussion online about yellow. Funny, 'cause I've been thinking about it myself. I couldn't paint without yellow, but maybe, just maybe I can paint even lemons without cad yellow light or cad lemon. For a long time I've used a cool and warm of each primary, so cad yellow medium for the warm and cad yellow light or lemon for the cool. But in a workshop a while back Jennifer McChristian mentioned that you can make cad yellow light by adding white and a hint of ultramarine blue. After experimenting, I've found that to be true though I doubted it at the time. So here's a lemon that is painted with cad yellow medium. No lemon for the lemon.

1 comment:

  1. Merci pour les informations. Le travail de la décoration de votre tasse est superbe. J'aime le contraste de vos nuances de bleus avec les jaunes de votre citron.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)