Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Bread And Vine


oil 9x12 inches not for sale This may be one of my favorite paintings because of its content. I started reading that little brown Bible when I was sixteen. It has sentimental value and the best concordance too. I stuck my neck out putting in a picture of Jesus. I thought it might look cheesy, but being old and mounted on wood, I just might be able to pull it off. I think it fits with the feel of the work, but more importantly, it's crucial to the content. Without explaining away the piece, I'll just say I was thinking about all the scriptures in the Gospel of John linking Jesus, The Bread, The Vine and the Word of God.

5 comments:

  1. A masterful expression of your faith. Wonderful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, too. Looks so old world and just asks for contemplation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful painting! Love how you tied everything together and used purple, the color of royalty, throughout.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)