Thursday, March 21, 2013

Morning Comes


oil 6x8 inches Saturday morning I couldn't wait to get out and paint. Got up at dark thirty which I usually only do to catch a plane or some fish. High was gonna be 82 degrees. Shorts weather. So I got out there in the field before the sun was fully up and LOVED the subtle color and warming sky. I would have just a few minutes before the sun hit my subject and everything changed. I painted really fast and simple, and I'm happy with the result. Fast was good, 'cause it was 43 degrees and I was shivering uncontrollably! The water droplets were added the next day during the fancy back-of-the-car photo shoot when the painting fell onto my dewy car bumper.

2 comments:

  1. Really like how you have captured that early morning sunrise...nothing like actually being out there to get that on canvas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely early morning light. I can feel the atmosphere. (Wish it were that warm here...43 degrees would be heaven..ha)

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)