Monday, March 25, 2013

Saintly Figure


oil 10x8 inches During my weekend at the mission, I kept admiring this weather worn wooden figure of Saint Francis. Finally on Sunday morning the light was just right to paint it. I have drawn him a bit plumper than he actually was. When I paint outdoors I try to work quickly before the light changes. This is just another reminder to slow down and get the drawing right. Anyway, I do like this painting, especially because while painting, I could hear the music and teaching of Sunday mass just behind me. Perfect way to end the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Une très jolie capture... Une peinture remplie de lumière... Je serais incapable de travailler aussi vite !... Je suis admirative.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think this should maybe be a keeper for you since it brings such fond memories. It is hard to part with certain paintings. You did some amazing plein air paintings. What a trooper you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to catch up with all your work Karen, this is blocked in beautifully.The carving of the figure and soothing pose creates a lovely painting and depth.

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)