Friday, October 19, 2012

Logan House -sold

oil 12x9 inches Last Sunday in Tustin I met up with Brent who commissioned me to paint his lovely historic home built in 1928. His grandparents purchased it in 1934 after they married, and the original furniture is still inside. Amazing! Below is the unfinished field study. When I got home I realized the pink canvas tone was a problem. I started over with a light burnt umber and executed the work using my sketches and photo references. I have a dream of someday living in an historic home. It may never happen, but I feel honored to paint a few. Tomorrow I'll be out at the Tustin Art Walk with lots of fellow artists. It's a great day, so if you're local, don't miss it!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice painting and story that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    I love historic houses too. We are in the process of restoring an 1850 stone cottage.(Its taking forever!) Isn't it amazing how an undercoat can just be wrong and it fights with everything. I love the soft earthiness of the finished painting. Your recent florals and pomegranites are amazing. Jar with bird is my favorite. There are always so many of your paintings that I would like to buy....sigh. Maybe if I sell a bunch at my upcoming show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Karen. I would be over the moon if I had commissioned this. A beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

No word verification needed. :-)