Saturday, December 19, 2015

Winter Arrangement II -a still life painting in oil -SOLD


oil 10x10 inches magnify/purchase info I love having a contrast of textures in my arrangements: the shiny hammered silver versus the pinecone and dried little pomegranates for example. My sister-in-law gave me this plant at Thanksgiving, and the crisp white flowers were a lot of fun to paint. How do you paint something so complicated? First I block in the dark green foliage amid and around the flowers. Then a few warmer, slightly lighter greens within the darks. Next, I painted the shadow sides of the flowers, indicating the petal shapes with brushwork. Then I painted the light, warm sides of the flowers, using brushwork again to convey shape and form. Last, I added a few bright green and yellow-white accents and the yellow orange centers. I'm not sure I'll be able to post again before Christmas, so MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY belated HANUKKAH to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)