Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Demo In Yorba Linda


oil 8x8 Purchase info here. Please see the picture below for a more accurate view of this painting. I was quite happy with this demo when I finished, but when I got home I noticed that the tomatoes were floating. The next day in the studio I got them to sit down. Maybe you can see the difference in the two photos. For my fellow painters out there here are my tips to avoid floating objects: Correct shape and placement of shadow, gradating value in the shadow. The shadow is darkest right up against the edge of the object. In fact, it is usually as dark as the bottom edge of the object. IN OTHER NEWS: A "Paint the Lively Still Life" workshop is scheduled for April 21 and 23 at my studio in Upland, CA. Open to beginner and intermediate painters. If you'd like to register or for more info, just email me. karenwernerart@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)