Sunday, April 7, 2019

Bits & Pieces -SOLD


oil 6x6 inches Purchase info here. This is a sweet little painting close up. It has that brushed texture underneath from an application of oil ground. A sweet thing happened the day I painted this back in February. As I mentioned a while ago, January was a rough month. I was trying to paint myself out of a funk, and this day I felt especially defeated. Out of the blue came a phone call from someone who had purchased one of my little paintings years ago. We had never had any contact, but she called that day just to tell me how much she has always loved and enjoyed the painting. I remembered it well. She spoke of her delight with the little pieces of lemon in the painting. It's difficult to describe how much her call lifted my spirits. I went straight into my studio, cut some lemons and painted this. "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24 If you're reading this, kind lady, thank you so much! We just never know when something we say can make all the difference for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)