Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sunny Day Cottage & Some Workshop Demos

 

Sunny Day Cottage -an original oil 12x9 inches
Painted on location at Crystal Cove Historic District
Purchase info here.

In March I camped for a few days at Crystal Cove State Beach.  It rained most of the time, but I was able to paint between storms.  On the one predicted sunny day I took my first Uber to the historic district.  I got two paintings in that day.  I had just the right vantage point for this one, but apparently too close to the surf.  A surprise wave came up and swept my backpack into the nearby creek.  My tripod stayed put!  I was so relieved that my phone was in my apron, not my backpack!  Lesson learned.  And another:  I did the next painting with a drippy roll of Viva paper towels and they still worked!  I came home from camping and the quarantine and lock downs began.  So long ago, it seems.

Here are a few demos from my recent workshop.  It will give you an idea of what I teach; mostly how to get a clear division of light and shadow (among other things!)  These are simplified small studies.






No comments:

Post a Comment

No word verification needed. :-)